WHAT IS CELEBRATE RECOVERY?
The purpose of Coronado Baptist Church’s Celebrate Recovery is to fellowship and celebrate God’s healing power in our lives through the Christ-Centered 12 Steps & 8 Recovery Principles as found in the Beatitudes. Matthew 11:28 says, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
Celebrate Recovery small groups WILL:
- Provide you with a “safe” place to remove the “mask” that, like us, you’ve tried to hide behind.
- Provide you with a leader who has gone through a similar hurt, habit, or hang-up who facilitates the group to focus on a particular principle each week.
- Provide you with the opportunity to find an accountability partner / sponsor to encourage you in your recovery.
- Provide anonymity and confidentiality regarding your issues and attendance.
Celebrate Recovery small groups WILL NOT:
- Attempt to offer any professional clinical advice. Our leaders are not counselors.
- Allow members to attempt to “fix” one another.
Small Groups Currently Offered at CBC:
Addictive Behavior Groups: (Men) (Women)
Whether you struggle with alcohol, drug (prescription or street) abuse, gambling, pornography or any other addiction, you have a place at Celebrate Recovery. If you find that this/these addictions are affecting your relationships, affecting you financially or legally, then you’re dealing with a problem that only has a spiritual solution. In our small groups you needn’t feel alone as you will find others who have walked in your shoes. Your confidentiality and anonymity will be protected .
Codependency/Hurts/Hang-ups Habits Groups: (Men) (Women)
This group is for you if you struggle with the compulsion to “rescue or fix” others’ problems. Do you make it your mission in life to “take care of” others without considering your own needs/wants and then find yourself resentful when you don’t get the appreciation or recognition you expected? Members of this group learn to express their own needs/wants and learn to give of themselves in healthy ways.
Women’s Abuse Group: Sexual, Physical and/or Emotional
Recovery in this group is a two-fold process. First, to heal from the traumas done to us. Second is to heal from the influence these past experiences have in our present lives. Through this group, survivors learn to look to God and His Word to find their identity as worthwhile and loved human beings.
Celebration Place: (Children ages 6 through 14)